free website stats program please help with battery problem | Harley Davidson Forums

please help with battery problem

babybear24

Hi i need a little help :) i Have a XT 1200N nightster. I have been having problems with it about the battery being drained completly dead. i have replaced the battery with 2 brand new ones and still the bike does not start. not even the lights come on or any thing. i have checked all the fuses and check all the wires that i can see. what shall i do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
the battery being drained completly dead. i have replaced the battery

You installed a New fully charged battery. You leave the bike alone for a few days and when you try to start it, you find the New Battery is fully drained to Zero. (checked with a voltmeter)

Is that what happens?

And these new batteries are properly being charged up before install??

My sporty did the same thing. you didn't say what year, mine on an 07. don't know if this is your problem or not, but mine would loose charge over night. everything would work ok with new battery, but if it set over night it would loose charge. we checked everything and found nothing bad, (fuses, ect). the cause of the problem was corrision on the connections. we removed all connections and cleaned really well, added di-electric grease and replaced. now everything is fine. it took a while but it solved my problem. we even cleaned the connectors for each fuse, and where each wire connects. put star washers on everything that we thought needed them.

Hi i need a little help :) i Have a XT 1200N nightster. I have been having problems with it about the battery being drained completly dead. i have replaced the battery with 2 brand new ones and still the bike does not start. not even the lights come on or any thing. i have checked all the fuses and check all the wires that i can see. what shall i do ?

Battery Drain Parasitic Draw Testing Try a parasitic drain test:s

Back