free website stats program Please help the bike wont start!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Please help the bike wont start!!

stellah

...Its a 2008 1200 was running great. It stopped. Wont turn over nothing. We today replaced the battery with one from HD and they said it was charged and we still got nothing. We are leaving it in and chargeing it some more. But is there anything else we should be looking at?? We are fairly new bike owners..and honestly don't want to pay the Harley cost to have it looked at unless we have to.

Its a 2008 1200 nightster XL

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Stellah

2008 should still be under HD 2-year warranty. If not check main fuse, Ign switch, ect until you find where voltage is stopping.

Welcome to the forum .. manual & VOM a must. BUT check main fuze small wire going to seloind

...Its a 2008 1200 was running great. It stopped. Wont turn over nothing. We today replaced the battery with one from HD and they said it was charged and we still got nothing. We are leaving it in and chargeing it some more. But is there anything else we should be looking at?? We are fairly new bike owners..and honestly don't want to pay the Harley cost to have it looked at unless we have to.

Its a 2008 1200 nightster XL

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Stellah
Stellah I hate to ask the obvious but. Is the "Kill" switch on?

No it's not... I go tot turn it on and it tries to go on with (i can hear it) but it just does not turn over.

I have the schematics for a 2009 XL Sportster. I imagine they may be close.
Remove the Fuse Caddy (fuse Block) cover. Do you see two (2) cube plug in relays (possible one is Gray & other is Black) that sit side by side?

No it's not... I go tot turn it on and it tries to go on with (i can hear it) but it just does not turn over.

Does the sound of the starter seems to be spinning, but unloaded?, followed by solenoid throwing out pinion gear (should hear loud "clack" into flywheel gear), engaging the starter clutch (you should then see the headlight dim a bit), a deeper clunk followed by a labored sound turning of the starter/engine cranks under load, if starter circuits are working... right?

Back