free website stats program Please Help SEPST | Harley Davidson Forums

Please Help SEPST

cfisher

I have the screamin eagle pro super tuner. I installed the software and updates. I connected to bike and pc following instructions exactly and no communication. I tried trouble shooting from the manual and help section. I cant get it connected. Anyone with exp. or ideas of a solution. Please Help

Follow steps exactly.
Without the dongle connected to the bike or to the laptop, boot the laptop to the desktop. Now plug the Dongle USB port into the laptop. Does the laptop give you a "ding-dog" and on the task bar does the laptop see new hardware and recognize it as the "super Tuner".

If yes, now Boot or launch the Super Tuner Software. "Connection icon" at bottom of page should be red. The bike should have the key ignition switch to off with the right bar grip RUN switch set to ON or RUN. Now plug the dongle into the bikes network connector. Turn ignition key to ON. Software connection light should turn to GREEN.

No ding when i plug in the pc with only desktop up. I even went to computer. It shows nothing is plugged there either. This vci was used by dealership I know it works and married to my bike. I can call them tom but they are gonna tell me only harley can use the tuner which is nonsense i know but they will swear by it. I know better and have seen others use them on there bikes. Do you have any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if the correct drivers for the dongle are not installed, you should get a ding/dong that a device was plugged into the USB port. Do you have any other devices (scanner, zip drive, camera etc) around the house that can be plugged into that same USB on the laptop port just to see if the port is "active" and is good..

yes did that first. I have an external cd rom and an external hard drive. Both worked perfectly. I really dont understand

I even tried another set of cables. NOTHING. It really shouldnt be the box cause it was just used on my bike a few months ago. But really I dont know what else it can be. I really hope its not bad. It would really stink to have to by a new box and thats not it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this just to see what happens. Boot the laptop. Using the RUN command from the "start" button, enter the command MSCONFIG and hit enter. When the MSCONFIG menu appears, select the "start-up" tab. Un-click everything. (disable all). Select "apply",,, then "OK",, then reboot.
At Boot up, you will see a prompt saying the "config has changed" . Click the box that says "don't show me this again" and hit OK..

Now plug in the dongle into the USB port.but don't plug the dongle into the bike. Turn the Run/Kill switch on the bars to RUN and the ignition key to OFF. Plug dongle cable into bike. Launch Super tuner software. Turn ignition key to ON.. Do you see the Super Tuner connect ion go from RED to Green.

I really dont understand

Hang in there. If ANYONE on the internet can walk you through this problem, it's our very own Hoople. Keep doing what he asks and report back with specific results and answers to his questions.

Now, go get him Hoop!!!

okay got it. Made a few recordings and downloaded data. Now dilema 2. After downloading data i went to the tuning menu. In the instructions it says to drag smart tune table over base table and it tunes. Well there are no smart tune table. so i redownloaded the map from the vci and it shows changes made to the main and spark table. This table was also saved in the smart tunes save folder. Is it tuning it on its own?

Back