free website stats program Please help i killed it | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please help i killed it

I would think that based on this, you may want to change the title of your thread and hope no lawyer on the insurance company finds out about this thread. The title itself (Please help i killed it) implies you believe you are at fault and to claim otherwise in court would imply that you are just trying to have someone else foot the bill for something you broke.

im a products liability adjuster so know how to handle this.

The oil cooler is their product and under a CG0001 policy any damage to the product itself is specifically excluded. However any resulting bodily injuries or property damage that is caused by their product is covered. Coverage should not be an issue if in fact they did file the claim.

I asked them when the whole thing started to notify their insurance company. Insurance companies hate to have late notice of a claim and can be a basis for denial of coverage.

Re: Update on engine damage

I have an apointment with Doc Weaver for 19th, taking bike to him this saturday and leaving it off.

The insurance company tried to tell me that being out of warranty is an issue. Told her that is not true. All states have a statute of repose. Florida is 12 years meaning that all products have a useful life of 12years. Of course in my case the product was only a year and a half old so well within statute. She also indicated that since i removed the hoses and cleaned up the bike that evidence has been spoiled. Wrong again. I have photos plus all the parts and I also have duty to mitigate damages by making temporary repairs etc. I further put the company on notice that day and also informed them of my plan of action.

They are barking up the wrong tree and blowing smoke at the wrong person. I have an action plain that includes filing suit.

I agree, they are not standing behind their product as far as i can tell.

They do have an new softail cooler that looks like they just released. It is taller, has 2 fans and uses braided lines with flair fittings or some type of screw on fittings on both ends. It fits between the fram rails so it doesnt stick out as others do.

Can someone with a OEM harley oil cooler on their bagger let me know what the manual says about replacement or service on the oil cooler hoses?

Have you done any research to see if anyone else had the same experience that you did as far as the line failure? I'd be curious to know if it was a inherent problem with their cooler design.

I can find nothing on the internet. I also have access to a system for insurance claims that general public can not.

I have to suspect it had to be an issue as they did completely re design the hoses and how they connect. Does not have any bearing on my claim however. Mine is an obvious defective product that caused damage to my engine.

Just got back from doc weavers shop. it will need whole new engine. end of crank is scored so so needs new crank. cheeper to buy new engine.
now the fun will begin with the insurance company. Their expert was there and agrees with all docs recommendations.

Need my heritage back soon. woman im seeing is only 5 feet tall and my goldwing is too tall, heritage is just right for her to get on.

Got the prices. its about 120 more for a brand new engine over a rebuild and ill get it back sooner. No brainer there. Its a 96 now and i will buy the 103 and have him install the se torque compensator. will cost me for the upgrade
800 for engine and 4-500 for the torque compensator.

I sent my demand this morning, will see. Guys i have been doing commercial insurance claims for 20 years and never in my days have I seen anyone handle a simple claim the way they are. Thats all I can say at this time.

Back