Please Drive Safe Daytona Fatalities

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by hali, Oct 22, 2006.

1. hali

hali Member

14th annual Oktoberfest at Daytona kicked up with a bang. Four people lost their lives at Daytona this week, which reminds us once again that you can never be too safe. A 70-year-old man wearing a helmet was killed when a car pulled out in front of him, his helmet was knocked off by the impact. A 44-year-old man was seen slumped over his handlebars prior to hitting a curb, an autopsy is pending. A 77-year-old man car while trying to pass a tractor-trailer was hit by a car. The worst accident was when a couple was walking across the highway after attending Saturday’s events and was killed when a 22 year old man was drag racing with his friends. The man was driving his bike with a suspended license and had received several citations in the past 6 months. Please DRIVE SAFE.
  2. Bossie

Bossie Member

Oh my goodnes this is sad, that last one just really ticks me off a bit. Drag racing on supeneds? How stupid can you get. Guess he will be thinking of that the rest of his life now.
  3. girlygirl

girlygirl Member

Wow, what a way to turn such a fun event into a tradegy. I wish that everyone would be more conscience of others and use common sense and help everyone stay safe. I know they call them accidents for a reason, but some are preventable. The horrible part is that the people that do stupid things usually aren't the ones who get hurt, they hurt the innocent. That is what pi**es me off the most.
  4. flybikes

flybikes Member

Drag racing infuriates me, people that do that should have the BOOK thrown at them, hey why not just shoot inot a crowd or something, it is so unsafe it is ridiculous for someone to lose their life because of people that do this.
  5. jess

jess Member

The sad thing is shooting into a crowd happens often too. It is unfair, crap like this should not happen but does because of stupidity. Those kids need to go away for a long time, what a horrific way to die.