free website stats program please dont bash me too bad | Harley Davidson Forums

please dont bash me too bad

titan307

i just changed my tires but didnt go back with Dunlop or Metzler. i put on Shinko 230 tourmasters. i used these tires on my Yamahas during the colder winter times and really liked them. they are a little softer tire and seemed to handle the cold hard asphalt better so i thought id give them a try this time.

as soon as i got them on and started down the road i could tell a big difference in ride comfort and control. handling was the bigger difference here. with the Dunlops and the Metzler you had to give a little effort to turn but with these you can almost think your way into and thru a turn. as for mileage will have to update later.

Your money, your choice. No bashing here. I hope they work out for you. Let us know how the mileage works out.

No bashing allowed! Keep us posted on how they wear and if your gas milage is different. We are all looking for ways to improve our rides.

I considered Shinko's the last time I needed both tires. They seem to be popular with the go fast crowd, and they get good reviews for everything except mileage, which is normal for performance tire. I went with higher mileage Dunlops instead.

I used to use Continentals on my '73 Sporty. They didn't last too long, but they sure were sticky.

Good luck on your choice.

Enjoy,
Rich P

had to ride home in a downpour and winds of 30+ last night didnt want to but had no choice if i wanted to get home and these tires did very well.

I was thinking about trying those. keep us informed about the mileage and how they perform at different mileage. My last two sets of dunlops started cupping around 10 to 12 thousand miles,(front) got noisier too.

Back