free website stats program Planning on Sturgis 2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning on Sturgis 2010

Rich they have train deals that take the bike there and you meet your bike. My cousin did it a few years ago from Conn, he had no trouble and a good time. I went in 1991 to the 51st, we put them in a cube van and drove 2000 miles, 30 hours and it was still a very good time. Put the bike on the train and fly out a couple days later. It's worth the trip. You only live once:D

Always wanted to make that trip!

But this year, feeling my age, I went to this site:

USA Distance Calculator - Find the Distance from A to B - Maps and Directions

1505 miles......... :(

Maybe I could trailer the bike, but who would pull the trailer? I have to FLY that kind of distance any more! :rofl

Ok Rich, I'll tell you what, Ship the scoot to my house and I will ride it out there for you. On second thought maybe not a good idea as I love the looks of your scoot and it probably would not be the one that you shipped here. But hey, at least you would have one there waiting for you right?

I'm sure I would have a GREAT time, but I just can't do the cube van route these days.....now the TRAIN idea....if they offer "First Class"....THAT would be cool!

SS......Honestly, I don't know which bike I'd want in Sturgis. If I was riding in there's no doubt it would be the Ultra, but if I shipped a bike in I'd probably send the FXRS-CON.

93FXRS3.jpg

So much more manageable and so much less to "worry" about. It's a very nice scoot, looks better than new and rides better than new, but I don't have 30K invested in it.

RaptorCycle22.jpg

I could ship you the RaptorCycle, but I'm not so sure I want to have THAT conversation with every biker I run into who's a little "tuned up" at the rally!

Well Rich, I guess that you do have a problem there. I guess the question I would have to ask is Kat going on the trip? If so then it is a no brainer. Ultra shipped to Sharpscuba done deal..... All of your scoots are nice but this old butt needs a geezer glide to make a long haul.Like you the age does not make
it any easier.

lots of shipping options both bike and gear, the I ron horse in deadwood is a great place to stay, pricey , but what is not there. stayed there in 08 think i had the smallest room there but when the rain came it was a blessing.

:pWe have a two week ride planed, take the long way too and from
Sturgis. Out of the gruop we all have tent trailers,:bigsmiley11:and the SO will also join us, :newsmile093:

No pantie Weds is a good time but nothing like it used to be. I would not plan on staying near Hulett unless you plan on camping. Odds are VERY high you'll need to ride back to Sturgis Weds, there are very very few accomodations in Hulett.

I'll be riding with a group of 5 leaving from Oklahoma City this year. Can't wait. And yes taking the rain gear. Hope not to see hail like they had last year, that was bad.

:pWe have a two week ride planed, take the long way too and from
Sturgis. Out of the gruop we all have tent trailers,:bigsmiley11:and the SO will also join us, :newsmile093:

Hey Rick! What day is your group heading out?

We're leaving Friday morning of the 6th and hope to be at Shade Valley by Sunday nite. Going 395 to Spokane and then 90 the rest of the way.

Back