free website stats program Planning on Sturgis 2010 | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning on Sturgis 2010

Crazyfrog

Well, my group has decided this year to do "The Big Trip" to Sturgis this year. Our plan right now is to go for the Iron Butt certification on the way out......we'll see how that goes.

We are looking at staying at "The Iron Horse" while there. Does anyone have any experience with this place? Reviews?

The other question is about Hulett Wyoming. They have a rally there on Wed. of sturgis week. Is this worth attending? Do you have any suggestions about accomodations there, or would we be better to head back to Sturgis that night?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. We do have a group of 6, and we travel well together and have logged many miles, but usually do 4 day weekend trips. This will be a 9 day excursion. :D

Been to Sturgis several times, but can't tell you anything about the Iron Horse or Hulett.

I hear that Hulett is pretty wild, so depending on what you want to see, you may love it or hate it. :)

I would do some searches. I believe they call it the Ham n Jam, but not sure.

Have fun, the whole area is beautiful.

Hulett was a blast on topless Tuesday, bottomless Wednesday wasn't nearly as fun.
We rode around Cincy OH, on the way out from Charlotte NC last year. Great riding out there. be prepared to get wet sometime during the day. But lot's of fun.

Been to Sturgis several times, but can't tell you anything about the Iron Horse or Hulett.

I hear that Hulett is pretty wild, so depending on what you want to see, you may love it or hate it. :)

I would do some searches. I believe they call it the Ham n Jam, but not sure.

Have fun, the whole area is beautiful.

It is called the Ham n Jam......
From what I've heard, its a little more risque than down town sturgis...which sounds interesting....:D

The Iron Horse is 5 miles out, and has covered bike parking. The most important thing they have is "availability". The guy told me when I called they have half vacancy right now.
Sturgis Hotels - IRON HORSE INN STURGIS BIKE WEEK HOTEL Sturgis South Dakota

Well, my group has decided this year to do "The Big Trip" to Sturgis this year. Our plan right now is to go for the Iron Butt certification on the way out......we'll see how that goes.

We are looking at staying at "The Iron Horse" while there. Does anyone have any experience with this place? Reviews?

The other question is about Hulett Wyoming. They have a rally there on Wed. of sturgis week. Is this worth attending? Do you have any suggestions about accomodations there, or would we be better to head back to Sturgis that night?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. We do have a group of 6, and we travel well together and have logged many miles, but usually do 4 day weekend trips. This will be a 9 day excursion. :D
Crazyfrog when are you planning on leaving? we are going out this year agian
we plan on leaving 07/31/10 but we are also going to yellowstone the first week and coming back to sturgis the next week!

We are leaving Cincy on Saturday the 7th, and planing on leaving Huelet on Thursday morning, heading down toward Cheyanne, then down toward Denver, back thu Kansas City. Hit back home on Sunday the 15th.

If things work out, I may be there too! Just in the planning stages right now.

Rode through Hulete on the way to Devil's Tower a few years ago on Wenesday. Didn't know what was going on, but there were thousands of bikes there!

Keep me posted! I'm sure we could find a watering hole to meet up at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to the rally many times including Heulet. The bottomless/topless label is just that, a label. It's meant to draw a crowd. But, that's all. It does get crowded though. But so do Sturgis, Hill City, Deadwood, etc. Never stayed there over night. But, being such a small town, I don't think I or anyone else would want to. Head back to Sturgis for a better time at night.

Sturgis '09 was my first trip there. Stayed at Iron Horse Hotel both going out, after taking ferry across Lk MI, and on return trip. All I can say about the hotel is: VERY AWESOME!! Very much suited for bikers, and within sight of HD museum. I'm meeting a Louisville KY friend there this year (hotel), and either trailerin' out HD's out there, or ride'm depending on weather. Any PROS/CONS about ridin' as opposed to trailerin' our scooters out there?

Attachments

• 0409_MicksScooter.jpg
    0409_MicksScooter.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm in with a group of at least 8 (as of now anyway). We've got a couple of cabins reserved at Shade Valley.

This is my first trip so I'm gettin' pretty jazzed about it.

We're having our 2nd planning session tonite!

All ridin' no trailers. :D

Back