free website stats program Planning a trip to Road America | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning a trip to Road America

next June for the AMA Superike Race. Leaving from Rochester NY heading west on secondary road to Chicago then north into Wisconsin. After the race planning on heading north to Lake Superior, Lake Huron thru the Algonquinn National Perserve, toward the Qubece border then south to the US. Anybody have any "MUST SEE" or "MUST VISIT" along this route?

Attachments

• LOU Maine 6 08.jpg
    LOU Maine 6 08.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 21
hd museum...for sure...also let them know if your a senior..for discount..
after that make some time to go to minnesota....its gorgeous that time of year..
enjoy and take pots of picts..you wont be disapointed..:newsmile047:

Good for you Lou, Ride all you can, it is about the only freedom you have. I have a June run planned also. I leaving Fla headed west to california then north to washington state then east to vermount then south back to Fla. I wish it was tomorrow.

next June for the AMA Superike Race. Leaving from Rochester NY heading west on secondary road to Chicago then north into Wisconsin. After the race planning on heading north to Lake Superior, Lake Huron thru the Algonquinn National Perserve, toward the Qubece border then south to the US. Anybody have any "MUST SEE" or "MUST VISIT" along this route?

Yes - you'll go right by my brother's house in Irondiquoit (sp?) before your motor's even warmed up! :D

I am envious of your Trip. Elkhart Lake is a very beautiful facility with rolling hills throughout the track. However the hills can make it a bit difficult to see the race course.

While not exactly “along the route” when leaving Road America first head north to Door County (the thumb of Wisconsin). There are lots of B&B’s to stay, and make sure you take in a fish boil at a local restaurant.

When heading back stop by Mackinac Island located between upper and lower Michigan. Unfortunately you will have to leave the Harley behind (motorized vehicles have been prohibited since 1898) and take the ferry.

I agree with Smitty the run up either side of the Mississippi is a great ride. Give a shout when you get out this way and I am sure you will find others willing to give you some pointer's . I for one would make some time.

I have done the north Superior to Algonquin many times, not much tractor trailers on the road from Nipigon to the Sault as there are too many hills, they take # 11. Nice
musem in the Algonquin park, June means bugs up here , ok if you keep moving. Crossing @ Cornwall going to lake Placid to Lake George is nice riding.

I know some great roads through NY & Vermont. If your planning to be traveling in June Laconia NH is a fun time during BIKE WEEK, ending on father's day

If you do make it up the thumb or Door County peninsula...go to the Coyote Roadhouse for the ribs...its on Kangaroo lake...great scenery and better Ribs.:s

Back