free website stats program PL. Help 2003 sporty 1200 spit sputterd died, charged battery, ran good for 3 miles died? | Harley Davidson Forums

PL. Help 2003 sporty 1200 spit sputterd died, charged battery, ran good for 3 miles died?

battery, carb? other? I dont get it? can someone help me?

• look at this, or that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stock carb upgraded, hypercharger.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Broke Rider

Hopping, that someone knows what to look at. Has been running fine, and charging. dont know if still is. spit sputters died back fire. charged battery, ran fine for 3 miles and died again. did not start. got it home started after sitting. carb model. will run but afraid it will die again. looked at hoses, gas cap, going to start it and see how long it lasts, will keep u posted. thank u. broke rider. Sorry first forum. After it dies there is plenty of juice left in battery but wont fire up until it sits for a while.

Last edited:
Take a look here, next time it acts up blow some cool air over the cover and see if it starts up # 22 below
HD03XL011.gif

If following Jack's lead doesn't produce results, check the main circuit breaker and connections. Or just replace it; it is a $12 part.

It is not uncommon for the ignition module on your year of sportster to cause that kind problem when it gets warm as jack said spray the ignition module cover with spray duster as air comes out of it really cold if bike then works ok for a wee bit then you know that you need a new ignition module

Brian

It is not uncommon for the ignition module on your year of sportster to cause that kind problem when it gets warm as jack said spray the ignition module cover with spray duster as air comes out of it really cold if bike then works ok for a wee bit then you know that you need a new ignition module

Brian
Well i had to go a bit unconventional as it was far away from air compressor and no can so i used a ice pack and towel to cool it, it started! could not get far just one more time and its in the garage. thanks guys so much.

Back