free website stats program Pipes | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes

those are some nice looking and sounding pipes you have there Gilligan,
What baffles are you using?

To be honest, I don't think there are any? So I went down to check, and can stick a ruler the whole way in and hit nothing. I know there are quiet baffles available but I didn't go that way. I think they are open?

Hey Vato, I can tell you iv tryd them all. Cored my stock mufflers, tryd Cycle Shacks, Thunder Headers, Super Trapp And finally D&D Fat Cats this by far the best 2into1 system. And stay away from the K&N oiled air filters. Its goin to depend on how much u r willin to spend. Try PC III u can tune urself. not sure if u have to get it mapped at HD to break the code. Call ur local HD Service to get the answer. Like the guys have been sayin u can do the install urself to save u moola. Good luck

Hey Vato, I can tell you iv tryd them all. Cored my stock mufflers, tryd Cycle Shacks, Thunder Headers, Super Trapp And finally D&D Fat Cats this by far the best 2into1 system. And stay away from the K&N oiled air filters. Its goin to depend on how much u r willin to spend. Try PC III u can tune urself. not sure if u have to get it mapped at HD to break the code. Call ur local HD Service to get the answer. Like the guys have been sayin u can do the install urself to save u moola. Good luck

Why do you say stay away from the K&N filters. They are an excellent choice IMO.

Also what are you referring to when you say this?

"not sure if u have to get it mapped at HD to break the code."

Your posts are a bit difficult to decipher with your way of posting.

Please post using proper wording.

Thanks!

Gilligan,
If you look down the pipes and see what appear to be "little teeth" around the inside they are the stock baffles (what I have in) Love them.

check out vance and hines, the double barrel is cool. v and h always sounds good. good pipes for the money.

I had a 98 FXDWG with V & H shotguns, looked and sounded great...one problem...nobody wanted to ride on my right.

Q. are you looking for more hp or something cosmedic?

V & H Duble barrell and fuel pack with Se stage 1
sound awsome, performance difrence like night and day
fuel economy went from approx 38mpg to 45/47 mpg
love them and will recommend to anyone

Back