free website stats program Pipes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes

Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered in black and
quiet baffles

DSCF0712.jpg
DSCF0706.jpg
DSCF0703.jpg

To each his own on pipes and mufflers. just make sure you know what they sound like, what kind of performance they will give you and what kind of warranty they have. you tube has tons of harleys sounding their pipes.:)

Typically what I've been hearing about the SE pipes (most are just slip-on mufflers) the performance and sound you get for the money ends up not being what most people expect - Harley has toned down the SE mufflers (environmental reasons?) and you will find that you get more volume and performance out of aftermarket pipes. I had thought about slip-ons (Rush makes a good set for a decent price and are comparable to the SE slip-ons) but went with Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered as I got them for a really good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got vance and hines big shots, love them. Great sound. Shop around, got mine for more than $100 off of retail.:s

I've got the Big Shot Staggered on mine and love them, even though they are chrome (I normally can't stand it)
The increase in performance can't be beat

Attachments

• New Pipes.jpg
    New Pipes.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 19
The only way you will know for sure is seek out bikes with pipes and look and listen to them.
Sound clips on the internet are not what they may sound like in the real world.
Also a bikes mods can chnage they way a set of pipes sound.
Get around some poker runs or other large rides you see and hear about any type pipes there is..
Be warned the law is circling the wagons on loud pipes itis just a madder of time before it becomes a much bigger issue. Keep your atock pipes in safe place you may need them.

I'm with Smitty, watch and listen, and you will discover the pipes you want for your baby. I chased a guy down in my car when I finally (heard) found the (sound) pipes I was looking for. Pulled up beside the guy at a red light to ask what pipes he was running. I ended up with V&H bigshots staggered. I tried Screamin Eagle slip ons along the way which were far from what I was looking for and a waste of money IMHO.

Attachments

• 081009.jpg
    081009.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 20
Back