free website stats program Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes

chuck60

I just bought a 2013 road king FLHR it came with big Louie pipes with 2 1/4 baffles. The guy I bought the bike from said after doing a lot of research and talking to a few dealers they told him with the 2 1/4 baffles he did not need to change the air intake or do a down load, he just wanted to have a bite better sound. Is this correct, opinions please.
Thanks Charlie

You don't need to do anything.I have Vance &Hines twin slash rounds on mine for more "rumble".I also added Nightrider VIED for a reasonable priced enrichner.I am happy with the performance.Your decision,You can leave it as it is or upgrade as You like.Enrichner is not necessary,but I find it runs better when its richer.

These bikes are very lean right off the showroom floor. More fuel will help it run better and cooler. I would use something to fatten it up a bit, but thats just me.

You don't need to do anything.I have Vance &Hines twin slash rounds on mine for more "rumble".I also added Nightrider VIED for a reasonable priced enrichner.I am happy with the performance.Your decision,You can leave it as it is or upgrade as You like.Enrichner is not necessary,but I find it runs better when its richer.

What is Nightrider Vied, I have not heard of it before. How does it work ?

These bikes are very lean right off the showroom floor. More fuel will help it run better and cooler. I would use something to fatten it up a bit, but thats just me.

I'm going to add the nightrider Fl-Xied 10, Can I add the screaming eagle air intake with adding the Xied-10, and the pipes I have on without having to do a download from Harley.

Never heard of FL-XiED-10 before. I would like to hear more of them

The FL-XiED-10's will add approximately 6% more fuel to the engine in closed loop operating mode than a similar unequipped vehicle.

For more information on FL-XiED-10, go to FL-XiED-10

Thanks chuck60 for sharing!

I agree with Bodeen, that they need to be fed a little more fuel to run better. Also, I would put a K&N filter kit on it. The better it breathes the better is runs and sounds. Just my 0.2

Is the nightrider FL-VIED-10 enough of an upgrade that I can us the screaming eagle air intake upgrade with my slip on's so it runs cooler or do I still need a down load?

Back