free website stats program Pipes W/out Stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes W/out Stage 1

Drew

I am looking to add some pipes to my '09 FLHRC, but don't want to do a full stage 1. I heard that Rush Slip ons, with 2" baffle would allow me to do that and get a nice sound. What about Reinharts? I heard those on someone's street glide, and liked the sound... not sure if his bike had the stage 1 or not. Any other brand pipes that can be added w/out doing anything else? I am just looking for a little more volume... I don't want to be setting off car alarms as I go by.

thanks
Drew

Drew, pick the slip ons you like best and go for it. The ECM on your bike will adjust fueling for them. You will have some nice tones and your scoot will run well too.
:)

Drew, pick the slip ons you like best and go for it. The ECM on your bike will adjust fueling for them. You will have some nice tones and your scoot will run well too.
:)

So I won't need any extras (air filter, etc.) AND I won't need it dyno'd? There are so many opinions out there. I really don't want to spend a lot of cash on a full stage 1, but man, would I sure like to have a little more tone from my pipes. I'm really looking at the 2" rush slip-ons at this point.

Also, does adding pipes void the warranty?

thanks
Drew

dude go for the RUSH slip-ons your bike will run fine as long as you leave the stock air cleaner in....if you get 2 worried about the warranty and something goes wrong on your bike......put the stock pipes back on then take it in to the dealer.....hehe

I have a 09 Heritage and put Rush 2 on it without a stage 1 and it runs great. I may swhich out the baffels, after a 5 hr run my ears were soar. you might conside the 1.75 or the 1.5

I have a 09 Heritage and put Rush 2 on it without a stage 1 and it runs great. I may swhich out the baffels, after a 5 hr run my ears were soar. you might conside the 1.75 or the 1.5

I thought the smaller the baffle, the louder the pipe???? I am such a neophyte on this stuff :(

I bought some Rush slip-ons for my Nightster with a 1.75 baffle and everything else is still stock and they sound great.... a nice rumble with no headaches. Go online and listen to various mufflers / pipes and find the one that's right for you. I thought about the 2" but after listening to various bikes on youtube and other sites I decided that it would be a little too loud and annoying.

If I'm not mistaken, the pipes are usually the most expensive portion of doing a Stage One. If you're gonna change pipes, I would go ahead and add a better breathing air filter and the TFI recommended by many and be done with it.

Also, V&H Monster Ovals have a great, low rumble and aren't "car alarm" loud. See if you can give them a listen at a local bike night or somewhere.

I would like to add V&H Monster Ovals after I pick up a new 2010 Ultra Classic. Do I need to do anything extra such as remap the ECU or anything else?

Back