free website stats program Pipes & Shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes & Shocks

det45

Hello all :D I've decided to go with the Vance & Hines Large Radius 2 into 2 pipes for my 2012 Road King Classic 103ci, also a K&N filter. From what I understand these pipes can accommodate the factory O2 sensors. Will I have to Re-Map my fuel injection with these pipes & K&N filter? Lastly where can I find a reasonable priced set of Chrome shocks for my 2012 Road King, I want to remove the stock air shocks. Looking on the internet most of the chrome shocks I saw were around four to five hundred dollars. Thanks all.....det45

To answer the first question: yes. You've opened her up to breath better she'll need more fuel or she'll be overly lean. But you don't need to go with H-D's download you can get a controller like Dobeck's Gen 4 that piggybacks on the stock controller for about the price of H-D's download. Bonus being you can adjust on the fly where the dealer download is what it is. There is a better description of what the Dobeck's does on their website and we have a thread on them which may help you.

Sorry can't help with your shock question.

Unfortunately...don't think you'll find a "decent" set of shocks for under $500 and you can't put a price on comfort...;)

I agree with all that has been said. I just recently rented a RK 103" in Las Vegas and that bike was the hottest leanest running thing I have ever been on. I would add fuel to it if you kept it stock. Moving more air through it, more fuel is a must.

Save your money and get some Progressive shocks for your ride. You really do not want to pinch pennies in this area IMO.

Hello All, I finally got around to installing my Vance & Hines Large Radius 2 into 2 pipes. I also installed and programmed my F.I. with the Vance & Hines Fuelpak. Bike runs great and sounds a lot better than the stock exhaust. I have only 760 miles on my bike. The stock exhaust system weighed a lot more than the new pipes though. What do you all think? :D

Attachments

• 2012 HD 032.jpg
    2012 HD 032.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 43
  • 2012 HD 025.jpg
    2012 HD 025.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
I like the clean un cluttered look, looks like its LOUD:s

That Sir....is where I want to take my RKC if I keep her. Clean and mean looking. Great Job.

I still have the bags and factory exhaust & hardware.

I have to admit that Vance & Hines got it right with their Large Radius 2 into 2pipes! They really look good and sound great! The factory exhaust weighs a lot and is too mellow. The Vance & Hines 2 into 2 have baffles and are much louder than stock but not too loud :taunt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back