free website stats program Pipes Removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes Removal

Triple1z

I really enjoy working on my Harley...my new plan is to repaint my flat black exhaust today by taking off the pipes.thing is i have no idea on how to remove them from a 2006 Street Bob.im also too cheap to buy a service manual,but who needs that with all the experience on this site.i also tried searching the forum for removal but no luck, or maybe i was looking in the wrong places....ur help is appreciated.:D

I'm cheep too but a manual is worth plenty. looking at pipes probably bracket bolts then 2 nuts at head flange & Welcome......

I really enjoy working on my Harley...my new plan is to repaint my flat black exhaust today by taking off the pipes.thing is i have no idea on how to remove them from a 2006 Street Bob.im also too cheap to buy a service manual,but who needs that with all the experience on this site.i also tried searching the forum for removal but no luck, or maybe i was looking in the wrong places....ur help is appreciated.:D

look for a service manual on Amazon or other internet sites. I got one for my '07 FXDC for twenty something bucks, don't remember exactly. An absolute must if you want to do much work on your bike yourself. Well worth the few bucks.

Jimmy

street bob has a balance pipe as well if your running slipons so you will need balancer gaskets, if your full after market it will more than likley be 2 per muffler to a bracket (attached usually to the tranny) and the head bolts

Sorry for my ignorance Hobbit, but I have no idea what you mean with a balance pipe or balancer gaskets.

Thanks for clarifying!

K

Balance pipes usually run between the two exhaust pipes to equalize the exhaust pulses. ie. both cylinders firing through both mufflers each time they fire.

Sorry for my ignorance Hobbit, but I have no idea what you mean with a balance pipe or balancer gaskets.

Thanks for clarifying!

K

The balance pipe on the Bobs is a small pipe connected between the head pipes, look down on the right side of your bike between the rear brake pedal and the rear master cylinder you will see the connecting pipe. Older Evos had the pipe under the AC:s

This is a balance pipe on an FXR just below the carb. On some later models it is a shorter pipe that crosses between the pipes just forward of the mufflers and for the most part isn't visible because it is painted black.

MS-123.jpg

Penny wise and pound foolish may sound funny but to try to do any work on something you depend on to take you away and get you home without the manual is not wise. That being said if you google HD Street Bob exhaust there are post that show how to get the job done.:newsmile034:

Back