pipes for a 2010 ultra limited

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by hardcorevoltage, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hardcorevoltage

hardcorevoltage New Member

looking for a reasonable priced slip ons or should i go true dual . also what would be best for the air cleaner

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Get the "just released" HD Heavy Breather, until last week they didn't make it for bikes w/ lowers. I have the Ness Big Sucker and it's a quality unit but I think the heavy breather will get you more air/power. I LOVE my SuperTrapp true duals w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons. JMO, there's lots of them out there.

3. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Smitty, these just came out last week.

Check this out:

Screamin' EagleĀ® Street Legal "Heavy Breather" Performance Air Cleaner Kit - Chrome

28716-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '08-later Touring models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes.

4. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

I do not know about the new Ultra limited, but I know the CVO bikes in the past had the CAT in the header pipes, while all others (except California) had them in the mufflers. I know the Limited is not a CVO, but it is a 103". If the Limited has them in the headers, I would recommend changing all, if not slip on pipes are the best for price as well as performance from what I have read here. I have slip on pipes on my 09 Ultra and am very happy. Let us know what you find out.

5. hardcorevoltage

hardcorevoltage New Member

thank you for the tips on what to look for ,i was reading in ather posts something about removing the head pipes voids the warrenty

6. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

any clarification on if the header removal voids the warrenty

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

I think this would depend on the interpretation of the dealer you deal with like many other things. Usually unless it does damage to the engine it shouldn't void anything.