free website stats program pipe question | Harley Davidson Forums

pipe question

lorne

ok i have had this 98 softail for a few years and once in a while i get asked about what kind of pipes i have. i do not know and can not find them on the net anywhere so does anyone have any idea? i cant get in touch with the guy who put them on.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 35
Hard to tell with nothing to compare them to,get yourself a J&P cycles catalogue and see if you can match them up to something in there. They list almost everything immagineable.

Hard to tell with nothing to compare them to,get yourself a J&P cycles catalogue and see if you can match them up to something in there. They list almost everything immagineable.

thanks tried that with no luck. although an old guy a while ago told me they might be Samsons from the 90s

Difficult to tell but maybe they are "Python" pipes. My understanding (could be wrong) is that Python is the budget version of Vance and Hines.

Can't believe pipes that good looking wouldn't have a manufacturer label stamped somewhere. Have you tried a mirror to look on the inboard or underside of your pipes?

Can you tell us Please... how do they perform/sound? I'm also curious, why do you want to know?

Cheers!

Difficult to tell but maybe they are "Python" pipes. My understanding (could be wrong) is that Python is the budget version of Vance and Hines.

Can't believe pipes that good looking wouldn't have a manufacturer label stamped somewhere. Have you tried a mirror to look on the inboard or underside of your pipes?

Can you tell us Please... how do they perform/sound? I'm also curious, why do you want to know?

Cheers!

cant find any stamp anywhere, i get asked a lot what they are because they sound so great. i tend to take it very easy when around houses etc due to the noise. but it is a GREAT sound and performance to boot. the reason for the post is i have had the bike almost 4 yrs and tired of not being able to answer when people ask what they are. i have searched everywhere with no luck so my buddies here are my last resort

Lorne; I just looked thru several old (2000-2003) catalogs. I saw a few that might be yours (behind trans rear pipe, & slight balogna cut). If yours are 1 3/4" at head & 2" at end, they could be Sampson Big Guns, or Sampson Over & Under. If they are 1 3/4" all the way they could be Sampson Low Magnums.
If they are 2 1/4" at end, possible Hard-Krome Big Straights. I saw more Sampsons that looked like yours than any other brand.
Jeesh,, there are a lot of different pipes for Harleys! :newsmile07:

Lorne; I just looked thru several old (2000-2003) catalogs. I saw a few that might be yours (behind trans rear pipe, & slight balogna cut). If yours are 1 3/4" at head & 2" at end, they could be Sampson Big Guns, or Sampson Over & Under. If they are 1 3/4" all the way they could be Sampson Low Magnums.
If they are 2 1/4" at end, possible Hard-Krome Big Straights. I saw more Sampsons that looked like yours than any other brand.
Jeesh,, there are a lot of different pipes for Harleys! :newsmile07:

Breeze...wow thanks. i really appreciate the information, they are great looking and sounding pipes. :bigsmiley12:

looks like i will go with the Samson Low Magnums.

pretty iffy weather today so i guess it's bike cleaning day here. :(

Back