free website stats program Pipe location for Rinehart true duals` | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipe location for Rinehart true duals`

bignew

I'm looking at what looks like a really clean bike online. The gentleman said that the bike has a rinehart exhaust. When I called him this evening he said he dropped it offf at the shop when he first bought it and had the duals put on. On other bikes with Rinehart true duals I have seen the pipe runs underneath the bike. From the pictures he sent all I saw was what I thought was a stock setup. Am I correct that if it was a true rinehart exhaust that the pipe would extend under the bike?

On the 09 and 10 the pipe goes under the bike on touring models. On models prior to 09 it does not.

Sorry if I'm wrong and PLEASE correct me - but - I thought the "True Dual" system done away with the cross over pipe????My mistake for thinking that if it doesnt...

Can someone describe what I should be looking for in a rinehart true dual in 07 or better yet picture. I see exhaust on front cylinder running down right side of the bike and rear cylinder out the left.

Can someone describe what I should be looking for in a rinehart true dual in 07 or better yet picture. I see exhaust on front cylinder running down right side of the bike and rear cylinder out the left.

Correct. The pipe for the rear cylinder starts out pointed to the right side of the bike, then makes a 180 degree bend/loop and comes out of the left side.
A casual look at the right side shows no pipe from the rear cylinder. A closer look you can see the loop in the pipe.

I'm going to attach 2 pictures just to verify.

Attachments

• DSC_0120[1].jpg
    DSC_0120[1].jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0127[1].jpg
    DSC_0127[1].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 39
Definitely TD set-up for 07...you might want to select the "No More Fried Thighs" logo & invest in some "saddle shields" for those pipes. Your legs will thank you...;)

Back