Pins on Vests

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Dr. Dolittle, Mar 31, 2009.

?

What's Your Philosophy on Pins on Leather Vests?

1. Leather vests look great anyway - don't ruin them with pins!

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Only add pins from places you have actually been on your bike.

30 vote(s)
    50.8%
  3. It's just for fun - put as many darn pins on it as you want.

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I bought a few pins to put on my leather vest last year at Biketoberfest. I don't wear it that often but I thought it would be neat to start "customizing" it. Since then I've kind of gotten out of control and started buying pins everywhere I go (even when I'm not on the bike) because they're way cheaper than T shirts and they're kind of neat and unique.

I'm just curious what everyone's philosophy is about this. Should be interesting.

2. SportyHawg

SportyHawg Active Member

Originally I thought I'd do the t-shirt thing, but that gets expensive rather quickly. I'm with you. Do the pin thing! They are all unique and way more reasonable than a shirt.

Patches are fun too...

3. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

I started collecting pins wherever I went and now I have so many on my vest that when I put it on I fall on my face. :small3d031:

My plan is to get a piece of leather, glue it to some cork, frame it , hang it in the garage/ man cave and put the pins on it. :bigsmiley12:

4. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

The more pins on your vest the more sparks you make at night if you go down. If you like fireworks you're in the driver's seat.

5. UglyJohn

UglyJohn Active Member

I use to have plenty of pins from those places I actually have been to. But, then I felt like a lightening rod! Now I just wear a couple of pins that reflect the M/C that I belong to.
    Ugly John

6. ktorian

ktorian Member

I have a number of pins on my vest from notable events that I have attended, although nowhere as many as most others that I see. I'm sure I'll accumulate a bunch more after a few more years.

7. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

I have quite a few pins, but only wear about 4 at a time on my vest. The rest, I have pined to a lanyard for around your neck, and it hangs on the back of my closet door. I also put a few on my hat.

8. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

I've got pins on my vest but only wear it to events. I have another vest I wear for day to day riding, when I actually wear it.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

:bigsmiley12: Collect pins from racing events and pinned them on my (baseball type) hat(s) to hang'em up...if it went on my vest I'd be like Mainah and hurt myself. I have plenty of hats, and now that I have the Harley, I'll probably just start filling my "official HD" one.

Might as well bring the subject up...besides pins and T-shirts there are the sew on patches that you can pickup at events that should also be shown prominently...JMO stirring the pot as usual:42:

10. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

No pins, no patches, no vest...but that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.