free website stats program Pinging Dolt and Bubbie | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pinging Dolt and Bubbie

Your mileage should be better. Do you have a fuel management system? Have you had the motor dyno tuned?
No, I don't. Do I need one?
My bike is a 2009 Ultra. I have something called a TTS flash that was plugged into the bike via a computer when it was Dyno tuned. You even mentioned that the guy knew what he was doing when I told you the torque and HP.
I know I like it :D
The low milage may be due to the fact that I like to Haul-Donkey on it.

Your mileage should be better. Do you have a fuel management system? Have you had the motor dyno tuned?
This is the tread where I got the cam, Dyno Tune and Fat Cats installed.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj284/mongo1958/DYNO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't. Do I need one?
My bike is a 2009 Ultra. I have something called a TTS flash that was plugged into the bike via a computer when it was Dyno tuned. You even mentioned that the guy knew what he was doing when I told you the torque and HP.
I know I like it :D
The low milage may be due to the fact that I like to Haul-Donkey on it.

Yes you do.:s I did not recall our previous posts; poor recall on my part. You could not have had the motor dyno tuned without a fuel management system. Apparently you have the TTS Mastertune, one of the best and your dyno chart looks good; you should be happy, at least for another season.:s

Throttle application has a lot to do with mileage. I am a fairly aggressive rider myself and manage to get 38MPG out of my all bore 107" (124TQ/110HP) '02 FLHT and that was my basis of comparison. The AFR on your dyno chart looks good; keep hauling donkey.:D

Yes you do.:s I did not recall our previous posts; poor recall on my part. You could not have had the motor dyno tuned without a fuel management system. Apparently you have the TTS Mastertune, one of the best and your dyno chart looks good; you should be happy, at least for another season.:s

Throttle application has a lot to do with mileage. I am a fairly aggressive rider myself and manage to get 38MPG out of my all bore 107" (124TQ/110HP) '02 FLHT and that was my basis of comparison. The AFR on your dyno chart looks good; keep hauling donkey.:D

OK, Yes I do but it is the OEM that the TTS flashes if I understand how it works. And "Yes", I do apply some throttle. I guess the fun of the new cam has not worn off yet. :D You get 38? WOW. :small3d018:

Oops, Forgot to say that I also cruise the Super slabs at 90 MPH. Thanks :D

Is TTS capable of timing change? Just thinking you may need a bit of retard

Jack, yes and so much more. I think I just saw the culprit. Cruising 90mph will suck gas. You could have your tuner change your cruise range numbers to match your 90mph rpm but I suspect if you do, that will negatively effect your performance some.
WAP.gif

TWO DAYS and LOOK:rofl

All answered and GOOD answers I'd agree......

The replacement oil pump Needed. MIGHT Not have been returning all the oil from the motor. Now it is...
A oil pump out then IN sometimes will do a change of JUST a SMIGEN having been installed with better alignment and suction around the return pump spicket (if leaking a little before) on the return side of things.

Good you have it running NICELY...

DANG Gone dolt ALWAYS has good answers and IS here QUICKLY to help... He IS a GOOD TOOL for the members and the HDT forum....
Keep dolt in your tool box and You'll be a Happy Rider... :newsmile075: dolt? where are you:D

signed....BUBBIE

Jack, yes and so much more. I think I just saw the culprit. Cruising 90mph will suck gas. You could have your tuner change your cruise range numbers to match your 90mph rpm but I suspect if you do, that will negatively effect your performance some.
WAP.gif
Guilty:rofl, Hard take offs too.

Is TTS capable of timing change? Just thinking you may need a bit of retard
What did you call Me!!!

Heh Heh! Just Kid'n:D

Honestly, for me, hard takeoffs don't change my fuel economy much at all. I routinely grab almost full throttle and run up to redline during my day to day riding and still get about 42 mpg after my tune. I've gone a tank or two babying it and it didn't change much at all. Now when I add a couple hops on the interstate to get some place quickly going between 80 cruise and 90 passing the big rigs, I get about 36 mpg. I'm considering doing the same cruise number changes I suggested to you but I'm still gathering data to determine if it's truly necessary. I'd hate to mess up a great tune to get an extra 30 miles on a tank for the 20% of the time that I actually ride the interstate.

Honestly, for me, hard takeoffs don't change my fuel economy much at all. I routinely grab almost full throttle and run up to redline during my day to day riding and still get about 42 mpg after my tune. I've gone a tank or two babying it and it didn't change much at all. Now when I add a couple hops on the interstate to get some place quickly going between 80 cruise and 90 passing the big rigs, I get about 36 mpg. I'm considering doing the same cruise number changes I suggested to you but I'm still gathering data to determine if it's truly necessary. I'd hate to mess up a great tune to get an extra 30 miles on a tank for the 20% of the time that I actually ride the interstate.

Hard takeoffs, routinely grab full throttle and run up to redline in your daily riding and still get 42 mpg? I want to use your tuner, he's a genius.:p

Back