free website stats program Pinging after 203 cam upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Pinging after 203 cam upgrade

HDSickness

Banned
Just did a hydraulic tensioner kit upgrade and SE 203 cams on my 99 RK 88 and notice alot more pinging at hard throttle in the lower rpm range have PC 2 and stage 1 efi kit and samson slip ons. Wondering if I might need to adjust my Power Commander but don't know which way. Is pinging a lean or rich situation?

Add more fuel and test ride it some times seat of the pants is required:s

Added a little fuel to each RPM range and cured the pinging and she runs better than ever. Thanks for the help. 203 cams a mild upgrade but feel the difference for sure.:newsmile090:

Did (do?) you keep track of the Static Compression Pressure before and after this cam change... This change Might have something to do with the ping.

If the "intake valve" closes Earlier than before with the the other cams (smaller number) Then added compression IS there..

I always Keep track of the Static Compression in my bikes Just to see IF and When they change...That way you have a in-sight on the working of your motor and know the condition of the valves or rings for sealing ...

I usually do the static check when I clean or change out the plugs,,, AND write it down and date it in a log book...(I have yet to do what I preach about the log book):D

signed....BUBBIE

Look who's back again :D

Glad your back, had troubles holding the place together without you :newsmile090:

:lolrolling

Look who's back again :D

Glad your back, had troubles holding the place together without you :newsmile090:

:lolrolling

HAhahaha,,,, Only looks like i missed out on a BIG EDIT if I took part on the You Know What thread:D

Man could I Have said a lot and I still do have the PROOF in his PM to me to show all who think he is just a nice guy (NOT) ...
Nough Said!!!

Thanks for missing me..:newsmile048:

signed....BUBBIE

Did (do?) you keep track of the Static Compression Pressure before and after this cam change... This change Might have something to do with the ping.

If the "intake valve" closes Earlier than before with the the other cams (smaller number) Then added compression IS there..

I always Keep track of the Static Compression in my bikes Just to see IF and When they change...That way you have a in-sight on the working of your motor and know the condition of the valves or rings for sealing ...

I usually do the static check when I clean or change out the plugs,,, AND write it down and date it in a log book...(I have yet to do what I preach about the log book):D

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie great idea on Static Comp. Good to see you back!!:D

HAhahaha,,,, Only looks like i missed out on a BIG EDIT if I took part on the You Know What thread:D

Man could I Have said a lot and I still do have the PROOF in his PM to me to show all who think he is just a nice guy (NOT) ...
Nough Said!!!

Thanks for missing me..:newsmile048:

signed....BUBBIE

Post them both up Bubbie. Nice to let people see what type of person he really is.

Post them up here...

One More Time - Harley Davidson Community

Back