free website stats program Pingel Electric Shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

Pingel Electric Shifter

jdatbs

Does anyone have any experience with this item?
I've seen the videos but haven't spoken with anyone who's actually used it.
Thanx

I use a variation (a different manufacture) on my track day bike. And it work very well. It makes shifting fast and easy. And it allows full throttle shifts, which I needed in a track situation.

Last edited:
Do these things work OK when making slow turns? That is, rather than feathering the clutch, are they good? Or, am I thinking of automatic shifter?

jdatbs, I have a brother that lost his left leg to a cage last year and is looking into a trike and setting it up with the Pingel shifter to be able to keep riding. I will be looking forward to what you find out with this post.

Is this the shifter used for drag racing if it is it works very good u can hook it up to your horn button it cuts off the ignition for a nano second so u can speed shift without the clutch

I saw a video of a young guy with a prosthesis on his left side, using the Pingel shifter and doing all kind of stunts. Pretty amazing.

I have had the Pingel shifter on my 07 Street Bob for 2 years now. A little pricey, but due to an accident with my left foot, solves the problem for me. Only time I need to use the clutch is when I start and stop.I have even used the clutch with it a few times. I would shift and sound like a normal shift sequence. It surprises a few people, when they try to keep up with me, and I 'crack' a few gears.

BRIAN

thanks Brian, thats what I was looking for. I actually bought the thing, and it's been sitting here in my garage for a couple of months. I modified my shifter peg, replacing it with a regular foot peg that sticks out far enough so I can get my foot under it, and I was wondering if I even needed the Pingel. Now, with the Pingel installed, can you still shift conventionally if you want?

thanks Brian, thats what I was looking for. can you still shift conventionally if you want?

Yes, you can still shift manually. Every time you start your bike, you have to HOLD one of the shifter buttons for 5 seconds to activate it. There are days that I don't NEED the electric shifter, so I shift manually. I had a control module go bad after a few months, BUT Pingel replaced it without a problem. IF you have any problems, they are very supportive.

Hey this is a good thread for impaired riders who still want to ride, but need an assist either shifting or throttle control. I remember thumb throttle setup was used for an Australian racer who was campaigning for championship points in the 90's, could hardly move his injured wrist that was broken in several places...he was able to continue to race...! :newsmile04:

Back