free website stats program Pine Sol as a degreaser | Harley Davidson Forums

Pine Sol as a degreaser

Interesting concept Joe. I wonder if there is any downside when used with the metals in these bikes like simple green.

Interesting concept Joe. I wonder if there is any downside when used with the metals in these bikes like simple green.

I have a pump sprayer I use with Simple Green to pre wash the road grime off my bike. It works well and I see no adverse effects in the chrome, paint or aluminum. Rinse, dry and Pledge...and you are ready to go.

Very interesting link, Thanks... The purple cleaner, don't use it's clorinated & will flat color & eat away at aluminum, but I too have used "Simple Green" in a cut down strength. It's not clorinated & does a good job on those hard to reach places with shop towels or even Q-tips. I've had no ill effects.

I have used Gunk for years, may give this a try..as long as I have some Pledge close at hand to make it all sparkly again...

I've heard but not tried it yet personally, but I spoke with a guy who said he had used about every method out there to clean a bike and he said that the very best he has ever used is SHOUT diluted 50/50 and 70/30 for real tough, he said it works on black motors and doesn't discolor, just thought I'd throw that in the mix

Simple Green actually makes a car wash. Comes in gallon jug and costs just a tad more than other similar products. I have used it for a few years and been very happy with it.:small3d034:

The purple cleaner, don't use it's clorinated & will flat color & eat away at aluminum, but I too have used "Simple Green" in a cut down strength. It's not clorinated & does a good job on those hard to reach places with shop towels or even Q-tips. I've had no ill effects.

I've used Simple Green full strength for years with no ill effects on natural uncoated aluminum cases and wheels. Yesterday, I sprayed my whole bike from my usual spray bottle, and gave the engine and wheels a good scrub before I noticed my wife had refilled the bottle marked "Simple Green" with "Purple Power". So far, no white spots or streaks on the alum, but I am nervous. :newsmile058:

I've used Simple Green full strength for years with no ill effects on natural uncoated aluminum cases and wheels. Yesterday, I sprayed my whole bike from my usual spray bottle, and gave the engine and wheels a good scrub before I noticed my wife had refilled the bottle marked "Simple Green" with "Purple Power". So far, no white spots or streaks on the alum, but I am nervous. :newsmile058:

Rule #1, Check contents of spray bottles before use.

Rule #2, Which should be Rule #1, Keep wife away from all bike cleaning products.

Back