free website stats program pin stripes on Fireman's Edition gas tank | Harley Davidson Forums

pin stripes on Fireman's Edition gas tank

Spike

Can anyone tell me if the factory pin strips on an '04 Fireman's Edition Ultra gas tank is a decal or hand painted? I believe they're decals under clear-coat, but I'm thinking of sending the tank out to have some body work done, and the shop wants to know if the pin strips or decals or painted. Thanks!

I would say they stripes are painted and the emblem is a decal or they silk screen some like the wide glide in some cases.

Spike the pin strip on your 04 fireman Eition and all harley models is real Paint not a vinyl even though it is hard to tell because the application is not done by a brush but a roller type system with guides to ensure perfection, the tomahawk plant is very high tech and there prep and painting process is amazing the plastic and tins go through countless preperations before the paint is applied .

youre not thinking of getting rid of those stripes are you:( that bike earn those stripes for a reason, that would be sad. LADDER 27. Keep our brothers memory alive. Thanks.

Back