free website stats program Pillion Foot Rest Mount for Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Pillion Foot Rest Mount for Sportster

cedarbrook63

Hi Guys.

Would appreciate a little advice. Have bought a Sundowner 2-up seat as part of my campaign to get my wife to jump on board and see how she likes it. Got the passenger peg mounts today and looking at where there are meant to go, I'm wondering if is it necessary to remove or loosen up the rear exhaust pipe to get access to the lower fastener?

Thanks for any replies.

Looking down in the mouth again tomorrow Hobbit - but hey, it pays a few bills. Shame - would've been good fun otherwise. Terrible state of affairs how work gets in the way of riding and having fun......

Did you ever get your reply? I'm eagerly waiting to hear the answer myself. I'm in a similar boat and looking to get The Girlfriend on the bike before the end of the season.

Take a look at the Kuryakin Mini-Wings...I am thinking about getting them for my pillion footrests. In my case, I will probably swap the mid position Mini-Wings temporarily for the passenger pegs and see how she likes them.

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

I got iso wings/mini boards on the front, and they are great, but have the pegs for the pillion which came with the kit. My query is: do I need to remove the rear pipe to get access to the location for the mount on the right side?

Any advice will be much appreciated.:D:D

I got iso wings/mini boards on the front, and they are great, but have the pegs for the pillion which came with the kit. My query is: do I need to remove the rear pipe to get access to the location for the mount on the right side?

Any advice will be much appreciated.:D:D

Access to the passenger peg hex head fasteners are a lot easier than the mids [which sometimes did require Glider's 1/4" (25mm) cut off of the small end with an grinder or cutoff tool, just go slow or you will remove the hard tempering of your hex Allen wrench]...

You should not have any problem getting to them off with a standard "L" allen wrench, as they thread into "blind holes" in the frame bracket.

Back