free website stats program Picture of seat bumper kit for street bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Picture of seat bumper kit for street bob

IAFF 3445

HI Guys,
I just bought another bike yesterday was wondering what the seat bumper kit looks like for an 09 street bob. What is the purpose of this kit ? I do not want a two up seat and the pillon pad requires it.
Thanks

Any help ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have my bike right now so I can't take a photo for you, but is just a few foam pads that stick on your rear fender. Once on there they are on there. So if you want to use a rear seat you can just fold a towel and put it under and you will be fine. This is all I do when I want ride a passenger and switch seats

Has anyone had a problem with a gap between the pillion pad and the OEM seat ? Dealer said that they couldn't get it to match up right that there is a two gap.

I had the pillion and I stuck the bumper pads under the seat and not on the fender. It really seems to keep the seat from rubbing on the fender and doesn't scratch iot as bad. I got rid of the pillion because the tab that attaches it to the seat cracked, Thats the last thing I needed with the wife on the back. The bumpers are about one inch square and a quarter inch thick, made of dense foam or rubber.

I use mine all the time with a very soft cloth folded up under the seat, keeps it from hitting the fender and scratching at all and puts just the right amount of space between fender and seat. If you do the pads upside down on the seat (which is what I was going to do until someone else suggested the towel) you need to be very careful to make sure you have no dirt on the fender or pad or you will scratch it up quickly. When you use the towel you can fold it up small enough you can't see it when looking at the bike.

Back