free website stats program Picking up new bike Friday | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Picking up new bike Friday

Thanks everyone. I am so excited. Rode the bike home today, it presently has 62 miles on it. Left the dealer with 5.8 miles on it and with in 1/2 mile started the 30/60/30 break in. I did it 12 times because that's my favorite number. After that I rode it next 40 or so miles home running between 2500 and 3300 rpm's around about. I barely got into 5th gear, mostly running in 4th and varying my speed. All the book says is to keep it under 3000 rpm's the first 50 miles, ooops, :bigsmiley20: then keep it under 5000 rpm's up to 500 miles. It really did seem to be gaining more power with each mile. I'm going to get up early and put on the other 40 miles and change oil and filter. Does that all sound about the right way to go about it?

Thanks everyone. I am so excited. Rode the bike home today, it presently has 62 miles on it. Left the dealer with 5.8 miles on it and with in 1/2 mile started the 30/60/30 break in. I did it 12 times because that's my favorite number. After that I rode it next 40 or so miles home running between 2500 and 3300 rpm's around about. I barely got into 5th gear, mostly running in 4th and varying my speed. All the book says is to keep it under 3000 rpm's the first 50 miles, ooops, :bigsmiley20: then keep it under 5000 rpm's up to 500 miles. It really did seem to be gaining more power with each mile. I'm going to get up early and put on the other 40 miles and change oil and filter. Does that all sound about the right way to go about it?

:p Great Job on new Scooter:D Put the goood slik stuff in

Trek - Sounds like you have it covered. just wanted to mention one other thing. Don't be surprised if you get a few small puffs of smoke the first few hundred miles as the rings seat. Not unusual to see especially when down shifting. You probably wont notice unless you have a friend riding behind you. Doesn't always happen, but is experienced occasionally.

Back