free website stats program Picked up the new bike today | Harley Davidson Forums

Picked up the new bike today

bfmitch

All of a sudden the bank I paid off got their paperwork under control and faxed the dealer what they needed to take the Sportster as a trade in. We thought it was going to take a couple of weeks but sometimes nice surprises happen.

Three hours later I was riding home the bike I've wanted for months. A red hot sunglo 2009 Road King. I had a brief period when I considered the Electra Glide standard but I got over that.

I'll post a picture when I get a chance but it may be a few days. Besides you all know what it looks like.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new '09 RK..."--they will definately see you coming...now are they gonna hear you coming as well...Stage 1 pipe, fueler and breather? After all, if you didn't know it, HD also stands for Hundred Dollars...:D

Congratulations on your 09 Road King. I bet you have not stopped grinning from ear to ear.

Congratulations on your new '09 RK..."--they will definately see you coming...now are they gonna hear you coming as well...Stage 1 pipe, fueler and breather? After all, if you didn't know it, HD also stands for Hundred Dollars...:D

The Sportster taught me that one.

Congratulations on your 09 Road King. I bet you have not stopped grinning from ear to ear.

You betcha.

HOBBIT:
The best deal was getting full MSRP back on the Sportster I bought last spring.

The sun is out the winds have calmed down and it's up to 45 degrees. Guess I better go for a ride.

Last edited:
I'm excited when anybody gets a new bike... even if I do not personally know them. It is an unbelievable feeling... especially now with all the BAD NEWS WE HEAR EVERY DAY. Makes my day....:newsmile106:

I am really jealous of you right now!! You've been riding this year already. Ive seen people out and it is supposed to be in the high 60's to low 70's this weekend. Congrats on the new bike!!
PrideMike-1.jpg

Some folks around here have been riding for a week or two. I got out again today for awhile but now it looks like the weather is going bad again. Maybe by this time next week it won't be too bad.

Hang on. I used to live in the northeast. I remember what winter was like there. That's one of the reasons I left.

Back