Piaa horns

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by tlyoungb, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

Well my horn quick working. The horn is dead. All it does is make a blurp sound. Any way. I got a replacement horn from my locat shop here. It is a PIAA model MHO-2E Looks like this:

[​IMG]

I was told that this horn would work on a 2005 Electra Glide Standard, but there is no way that I can see how it will fit under the cow bell housing with that long black bracket on the back, plus the instructions say not to remove the scew holding the bracket. I sure could use some help here.

2. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Can you just cut it off with a Dremel tool?

3. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

I guess you could, but then the problem is how to attach it to the housing. I don't think they new what I had. I am going to take this horn back. Just goes to show, that you can never go wrong with Harley Davidson Parts. Lesson learned.

4. Duggr

Duggr Member

I would take it back.

5. Jammr

Jammr Active Member

For my money, HD stock horns are basically useless, might as well shout at the cagers. I installed the Dynamic Duo last year and this bad boy is LOUD! A couple of my friends have also ordered and I installed for them. You can check them out here Howard's Horns Home Page, motorcycle air horns, battery cables

Jammr

6. Troy1225

Troy1225 Active Member

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

As Troy said, the PIAA horn is very similar to the common OEMs use FIAMM (Italy or France) horns $12-$15 (if I remember at Autozone, PepBoys or Kragen/O'Riellys) that Smitty used and mounted, maybe the PIAA one(s) are comparable (do they have Hi-Lo option?) in price and function may be a solution for you.