free website stats program Phone Volume? | Harley Davidson Forums

Phone Volume?

BobFLHX

I recently had a Zumo 665 installed, now at random times the volume goes down and when I try to adjust the volume instead of just seeing the word "Volume" the display will show "Phone Volume". The bike is a 2010 FLHX Street Glide.

I have been looking everywhere I can and don't see anything about the factory radio having a Phone Volume option to turn off or adjust.

I did notice that the GPS has an audio jack plugged into a radio antenna. I am thinking of just unplugging that jack as the only use it serves it so that you can hear the GPS directions while listening to the AM/FM radio. But not positive that would even fix this issue.

Anyone heard of this before or have an idea how to fix this?

Possibly Harley has it designed to not accept a phone input for it may create a unsafe condition.

Was at the dealership the other day and was talking to a few people there, we were trying to figure out why the harness was working like it was when i noticed someone holding the harness in thier hands at the service desk.

He knew exactly what i was dealing with, i didn't even tell him what my problem was, he told me. Apparently the harness that is supossed to help with routing the audio directly to the radio without having to use the aux input does not perform in that fuction and radio randomly thinks there is a phone call incomming so lowers the audio low so you can talk on the phone.

All I could find out is to remove the harness until Harley finds a way to fix this issue but don't sound like the fix will come in my lifetime.

GPS works fine, I would suggest buying the wire harness, it's useless and only causes problems.

A buddy of mine had the same problem with the earlier 665. He called up Garmin tech. They had him send back the unit and replaced it because they could not fix the problem. It seems that earlier production 665s' had this problem.

Back