free website stats program Phoenix - Ride Suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Phoenix - Ride Suggestions

scts

Heading out to Phoenix end of this week, the wife has a conference and the baby girl is staying with her grandparents :). Should be there Wednesday night through Saturday morning, and have reserved an Ultra to rent at Chester's HD.

Looking for any suggestions on scenic day rides (I'll proabably get out myself during the day some Thursday, and it'll be the two of us from noon until... on Friday).

Thanks,
Scott

Can't remember exactly which magazine but either Rider or American Rider did an article about a day ride out of Phoenix within the last year. Maybe search their websites.

The HD website has a trip planner link.

Sometimes the best way (if you have a GPS to get you back again) is to pick a general direction and just go!

Biglew - Looks like a great ride, but I'm assuming you took a bit over a day to complete (I hope so at least :) ) - thanks for the ideas...

Maybe a combination here, head out in the direction of Salt River Canyon and go for a couple of hours until we find a good place to stop.

We're back home and recovering - ended up finding a loop (think it was on Amercian Rider - thanks Dr.Doolittle) that tooks us up 87, through the valley on 188 and by the Roselvelt Dam, and then back down 60 (with several side trips)... What a fantastic ride and great views (will try to post a few pics when I dig the camera out of my bags). 408 miles total in one long day (more than I'd prefered in a day, but that's all we had).

Also want to thank the gals at Chester's HD in Mesa - the rental process was the easiest yet, and everything was in top shape (spent a few minutes and $$$ in the store afterwards as well - good service and selection all around).

Back