free website stats program Phase I Rear Signal Relocation - questions! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Phase I Rear Signal Relocation - questions!

To add to the laundry list of parts needed to finish off my turn signal relocation, I give you:

94028-92T Lock Nut 5/16-18 2@ 1.25ea
94066-90T Flat Washer 5/16 2@ 0.45 ea
94602-98 Screw, Torx Button Head @ 3.20
47531-06 Rear fender rail recess cover insert

These above are needed in lieu of ordering a detachable side plate attach kit for a Dyna. At this point, I don't want to have any kind of bars or attach points on my bike - that might change in the future though. I'm experimenting with a very minimalist look . . . Its been quite a hassle to locate these parts for sure, it appears that H-D loves for you to customize your bike - but don't do go off the reservation - that turns into a real pain!

My recess cover should arrive early this week, and that will be it for this, my first real upgrade adventure! Here are some pictures of my bike with the nuts and washers installed - but no insert.

Thanks - Mark!:newsmile026:

The inserts are inserted - much nicer looking . . .

After about a weeks wait here is a look at the completed rear signal relocation effort . . . learned alot for sure! #1 - never ever ever assume you'll have all the parts and always assume the the easy and small parts are the biggest pain to get!

Thanks - Mark!:newsmile026:

Nice job Mark, a bit of patience and the right parts makes things a whole lot better:s

If its the minimalist look you could try what I did

indy_pic.jpg

but its no good if you want to put bags on the side !

If its the minimalist look you could try what I did

indy_pic.jpg

but its no good if you want to put bags on the side !
Hey Doug!
Yeah, I purchased some throw over leather bags from a softtail on ebay . . . after a bit of cleaning they look pretty good. I can take them off quickly and still maintain the minimal look I like. Is that bike yours? Looks good from the back!

Mark - thanks!:newsmile026:

Hi Mark,

My seat started as a standard street bob one then i got a gel pad fitted, an inch extra padding at the back and the front of it trimmed slightly then the top was recovered in leather and stitched to match the design of the paint on the back mudguard.
The aircleaner is an S&S assembly which bolts straight on although the cover needs slightly reprofiled at the top as its very close to the bottom of the tank.

Dougie

Back