free website stats program Personal code for security | Harley Davidson Forums

Personal code for security

just wanted to know if anybody has put in a code for their security system. I have a 2003 road king and tried to do it like the manual says but can't seem to get it to work. It is not a pressing issue because I have both key fobs.

I have an '03 UC which should have a similar security system to yours. I was able to set a personal security code and use the manual dissarm about once a month or so to make sure it works. I followed the Owners Manual procedure to set it.

You might have your significant other read the instructions to you while you do the procedure. I found that trying to read the book AND mash the buttons to be prone to errors. Give it another try.

TQ

Probably. That way it will be YOUR code rather than the default one set by the MC. It is not a biggy to do, and then you will know the code to dissarm the security system should you lose the fob or it crater on you. Bad deal if you have your factory code in the book in the tour pak with the pak locked and your fob and keys are not available!!

TQ

Maybe try it this way. Read it a few times until you understand the procedure. It is an important thing to set, if you loose your FOB while out on the road, you'll never get the bike started agin without it. Also if you happen to only have one FOB and loose that, you'll have to replace the TSSM and if you don't have the PIN number set, no start at all till you replace the TSSM:D

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) - Harley Davidson Community

ok I guess i never realized. Well I guess I will have to do that as soon as I fix the gremlins with the TSSM that I have right now.

Thanks to all that replied. I finally got it to work. When I got the bike the 15 year old guy that runs through everything before they let you leave the lot, said the biggest thing is the batteries going dead on the key fob. I have just been lazy and hadn't put one in. So now it is just piece of mind.

Not good to leave the default code in 'cause all a thief needs is an Owner's manual or to have read one and he's got your pride and joy.:small3d011:

Bought my FLHT secondhand - what if the previous owner has already coded the system? Can I --

1. Change to my own new code?
OR
2. Or do I have to find his code?

Thanks all,

A

Back