free website stats program Perfect Storm | Harley Davidson Forums

Perfect Storm

Backroad Rider

OK, perhaps I'm becoming a pain, not trying to be! Been on Kuryakyn's site and under wild things found a system the call the "Perfect Storm" consisting of Crusher Muffler, A/I and tuning system.
According to the Dyno they show, looks like signifant increase both in HP and Torque.
Does anyone here have any experience with this or any advice?

Ok, first time I tryd to insert a link, hope this is the way to do it.
As to cost, if I calculate right, if I do the slip on muffler, A/I and tuner only about $1,200 if I go true duals with the above about another $600.00. Still trying to determine the true benefit of going true duals as opposed to slip on's. Would true duals assist in rear jug running cooler and what if any effect would it have on overall performance?
This is located under the perfomance tab / exhaust.

Kryakyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve, still learning my way around here...I appreciate your modifying so members can find what I'm referring too.
Really hope to get some good advice on this, I watched the "Testimonials" but would really appreciate some real world inpu from folks I have confidence in within the forum.

Some of the tech heads will do a 1000% better job than I could explaining the pros and cons of true duals. I will say I've heard that just the true duals without any slipons will still change the sound somewhat if that's mainly what you're looking for, especially with a bit of fuel enrichment.

Secondly, NEVER buy something based on a websites testimonial section. Ask for opinions on various forums or talk to folks in person.

I will say I've heard that just the true duals without any slipons will still change the sound somewhat if that's mainly what you're looking for, especially with a bit of fuel enrichment.

Can you put true dual head pipes and still retain the stock mufflers? I heard that the flow through the left side muffler is not flowed properly for handling 100% of the exhaust flow from the rear cylinder and will actually result in overheating of the cylinder, the exact thing you are trying to get away from by installing a true-dual system. I was toying around with the true-dual "kit" but cannot presently spring the bucks for a set of aftermarket slipons.

Can you put true dual head pipes and still retain the stock mufflers? I heard that the flow through the left side muffler is not flowed properly for handling 100% of the exhaust flow from the rear cylinder and will actually result in overheating of the cylinder, the exact thing you are trying to get away from by installing a true-dual system. I was toying around with the true-dual "kit" but cannot presently spring the bucks for a set of aftermarket slipons.

Good question. I don't know the answer though.

I put the BUB 7 True Duals on mine.
Just my thoughts, to me the bike has a little more pep in the lower range and the pipes don't seem to get near as hot when sitting in traffic. Not to mention the sound is far better than stock. Then again that's just my opinion.

I thought "true duals" meant equal length pipes ? If thats so then it will flow better creating power/torque. I put SE slip ons only on my '06 TC and did feel a noticable increase in power. Couldn't afford the complete system at the time.

Back