free website stats program People! | Harley Davidson Forums

People!

Apyle

This morning my wifes cousin was killed in a motorcyle/car accident. I feel so badly for the community because he was a friend to everyone. It's a terrible sensless tragedy. I feel very badly for his family as well. But it seems to have just ignited a passion in everyone for telling me how dangerous it is to ride a motorcylce. I no more than tell my wife the bad news, and someone is telling me I need to give it up. The last one I just told them I know that, I knew that 5 years ago when I fixed the thing up. I also said that I could fall in the shower and die also, but no one wants me to stop doing that!

Sorry, Just a rant that I had to get off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU........:s AND tell others to do the same.

Sorry for the Loss.

signed....BUBBIE

sorry for your loss...

rather than giving up riding we need to get people to STOP USING CELL PHONE and EATING while driving..

Sorry for your loss. Life is precious, time who knows, if you are happy riding there is NO reason for you to stop that I can see, JMO

Funny how they never want me to stop driving the car or truck or taking a bus whenever someone is killed or injured in an accident with any of those. A co-worker was recently in an accident and banged up pretty good when he missed a curve in the road at night when he drove into heavy smoke from stubble burning. No one is commenting on how we should quit driving our trucks.

Yes I know there are inherent risks associated with riding my bike. There's also risks in taking the stairs, walking on the side of the road, cutting the grass, smoking, drinking, playing sports, hunting, or almost anything else. Although they all pale in comparison to the risk you take telling a woman they've gained weight. Now that's a high risk move.:D

Life is for living not hiding in the corner bubble wrapped. Wait a minute, bubble wrap is a choking hazard.:p

Sorry for your loss. One has to follow their passion and for us it's riding. I had the debate following my accident, but it's all in the past now. I do believe I learned from it.

Sorry for your families loss. Don't be too upset with the people close to you that think you should stop riding. This tragedy just brings things a lot closer for them. Thank them for their concern and leave it there. We all know if someone doesn't ride they cannot understand what we get out of being on a bike out in the open. Take a ride and think about your wife's cousin, he would understand. Ride safe

Sorry for your familiy's loss. Live your life as if will not last, because it won't. Enjoy every day.

Back