free website stats program Pegs For An Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Pegs For An Ultra

propflux01

Having a difficult time choosing between footpegs. The two I have decided on are the Kury Longhorn Duallys, and the HD 360's. The Kurys are way cheaper (and come with pegs) the HD's I would have to spend more as they do not come with pegs. My questions are, for my 34" inseam (I am 6'0ft), and hard lowers, which one would be the better deal as far as price and fitment?

Having a difficult time choosing between footpegs. The two I have decided on are the Kury Longhorn Duallys, and the HD 360's. The Kurys are way cheaper (and come with pegs) the HD's I would have to spend more as they do not come with pegs. My questions are, for my 34" inseam (I am 6'0ft), and hard lowers, which one would be the better deal as far as price and fitment?

Well, you already stated that the Kuryakyn model was cheaper so you've answered your own first question.

Fitment - I'd head to the nearest dealer and prowl the used bike lot. I'll bet every one of them has some type of highway pegs installed and you can sit on them all and try them out. I like the HD models - high quality, infinitely adjustable, and they match the bike.

I assume you are talking about highway pegs and not replacing the floorboards. :eam

I do not personally care for much of anything in the Kuryakyn catalog, so I can't speak for that. I prefer the adjustability of the angled peg brackets and the foot-peg style of your choice.

This is very much based on your personal taste and resources ($).

personal taste. I am 6'2" and just have Harley pegs with non adjustable mounts and they work GREAT. I have them on the bars so I can either put my feet out on them or I can set my heals on the boards and my toes on the pegs (13 inch foot will help with this maneuver)....but again, you have to figure out what you want from em'.

Got an '08 Ultra that I just installed some highway pegs on a few months back. I wound up going with the Kuryakyn line, specifically a peg that attaches to the floorboards. I tried some that mount to the crash bars but liked these better for my own personal tastes.

I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and these give me a nice stretch and comfortable riding position when pegging it. The pegs lock into position when extended, will pivot up if you're into a corner and they touch down and I can lay my legs across the top of them for a full stretch.

Now I did have to use the highest mounting position on the floorboard attach point. I had to do this to clear the lower lip on the lowers, as they encroach slightly into the inner area of the lower. This does cause the brake and clutch lever to hit my knees when I'm full left/right position handle bars, like when turning. Don't particularly like that, but I usually leave the lowers on so stuck with that obstacle. Attached a few pics -

P1000377.jpg

P1000378.jpg

P1000379.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000380.jpg

I have an 09 ultra and put the LONG angled kit on with the aileron peg because eventually I will switch out my grips to aileron. I really like the long angle especially in the summer when I take off my lowers I can rest my foot more on the mounting bracket right between the peg and the engine guards. Good luck deciding.

whoops - shoulda re-read your post instead of going off what I recalled reading last night. Didn't catch that you had already decided on what you wanted and were looking for input on specific items. Well, another idea for pegs on an ultra. :D

Thank you all for your input! I'm going to head out and look at some bikes to get some better ideas! Didn't know this would be such a 'hard' decision! lol!

Thank you all for your input! I'm going to head out and look at some bikes to get some better ideas! Didn't know this would be such a 'hard' decision! lol!

When it comes to spending your hard earned cash, they're ALL hard decisions. The key is to take your time and only make the decision once! Of course, that doesn't explain why I have half a dozen different windshields sitting in the garage for my Street Glide!

Back