free website stats program PC-V Help | Harley Davidson Forums

PC-V Help

glen073

Have completed my exhaust on my Ultra Limited with the V&H Power Duels and Monster Ovals. Received my PC-V from Fuel Moto today. My question now for those of you who have installed these is how in the world do you get the in line connector tucked out of the way? I've heard it's difficult, but I just don't see how it will fit. With ABS and can't find the room. Right now I have the inline connector lying on top of the ECU and the power comander lying just to the rear where the tail light connector is. I afraid that the weight on the seat will push down on the connector or PC and damage it.

I thought the same thing with my 10 Limited. Then I added the auto tune modules and if you think space was tight before, trying adding more wiring and components.
Just take your time and feed some of the wiring down in front of the battery and loop everything around. As long as the PC-V isn't any higher than the ECM, the seat will fit over everything very nicely. It may take a couple of tries, but you can get it squeezed in there. Good luck!

The two inline connectors from the stock harness and the PC-V. Did you stuff those down too? I can stuff the wiring, but that is so bulky.

I thought the same thing until I basically put a 90 degree bend in the stick ECM harness and push it way down in the cavity in front of the battery. I had the tank off when I did the install was I was able to move pretty much all the wires out of the way and get it push down. I can take a few pics if you would like. That OEM harness can be bent pretty much in any direction that you want.

I have the auto tune and mounted them one on the other to the side of the fuse box on the left side. I ran a longer USB cable back under the seat along the wires that go to the tour pack. I can then connect it tot he notebook without taking anything off the bike.

I'm running the V&H VO2 Drake, Power Duals and the new Monster Rounds. The auto tune is just amazing. If you want to use my maps, I can send them to you.

Scrounger is correct.

The PCV module fits nicely right on top of your stock ECM. With autotune modules you have to get a little creative. I just put a PCV on my Pa's 2010 Heritage and his PCV came with a deeper ECM mounting tray to compensate for the required room. I thought that was pretty cool. Jamie's map was spot on for the Ness Big Sucker and SuperTrapp 2 into 1 w/20 disks. Bike runs WAY better than stock and his gas mileage is up to near 50/gal. He's very impressed with this combo.

Anyhow, use lots of zipties to secure the harnesses. You're better off to bend them sharply and secure them than to let them bounch around...chaffing is not cool and will cause you big problems.

Pics would be great! Right now the map seem to be working great. It take take some minor tweaking. I was getting a ping when I quickly grabbed throttle for passing at cruising speed. I call Fuel Moto and they had me set some or the throttle posistion settings back to 0 and the problem went away. Ran it in 105 degree weather yesterday and it ran great. Not sure what the V02 Drake is, but I'm using the Power Duels and Monster Ovals.

Glen:

I guess you got all of the wires settled under the seat? I've been trying to remember to take a few pictures, but I keep forgetting :S

As I recall, it only took a few minutes to hook the PC-V inline and set it on top of the existing ECM.

You picked a GREAT set-up, and hope you are enjoying your's as much as I am mine. Looks like we have "twin bikes" on opposite coasts!

Love it. Yes we have the exact same bike color and setup. Had to call Fuel Moto for a minor tweak with a ping with a quick twist of the throttle, when passing. They had me make some minor adjustments and the ping is completley gone. Bike runs so much smoother of the line and I can feel the extra power.

Back