free website stats program PC III and 08 Bikes | Harley Davidson Forums

PC III and 08 Bikes

glider.

BOT Machine
This info was posted by Fisher in reference to a problem with the PC III when used on 08 bikes.

I spoke with Robby from Zippers last week and they're halfway there on the Thunder Max for '08 Touring bikes.I also spoke with DynoJet about the PC III for '08 Touring and there's a bug.You can send them the unit and they'll fix it for you. I didn't go that route because of customer impatience. When you experience the problem the tach nosedives. That was part of the issue with the '08 I had.The IAC steps,injector pulse width,throttle position and some other parameters went bonkers at the time of the problem on the DT recording.All of those things point at a communications error,probably the intake module though I have no proof.

I don't think ThunderMax is that great and would think of Daytona Twin Tec instead.

ThunderMax heat issues
Daytona Twin Tech

I read some posts on that first link and the check engine light issue that guy is have is nothing more than a heat warning that the T-max has that the stock ecm doesn't. It's also an adjustable value, and maybe his is simply set to low.
I run the thundermax auto tunes with no problems. the bike runs great and I love it.:bigsmiley27:

I read some posts on that first link and the check engine light issue that guy is have is nothing more than a heat warning that the T-max has that the stock ecm doesn't. It's also an adjustable value, and maybe his is simply set to low.
I run the thundermax auto tunes with no problems. the bike runs great and I love it.:bigsmiley27:

I don't know how good it is. Thanks for the post. There are 14 pages of posts which I have read most of at one time or another. You can read and dump your cache, and refresh instead of signing up at the XLForum if you don't want to do so.

Back