free website stats program Patriot Defender exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Patriot Defender exhaust

BOBFLHTC

I was looking at this exhaust and was wondering what others think. It has a baffle to dynamically adjust the sound level. I am especially interested in reasons not to purchase as like most of us I get all starry eyed before a purchase and then repent in leisure. I read one suggestion to adjust the Fuel/Air mixture to the fully open position. I thought that made sense since I would like to have a richer mixture when the bike is cold and its early in the AM and I don't want to aggravate the neighbors. All comments are appreciated. Thanks Bob

Here is a sound clip.

YouTube - Patriot Defender Sound Demonstration - Patriotpipes.com

Sound great, wonder why it sounded so poor in the beginning, but when they reved it so the valve was wide open the sound was so much better...just an observation.

Is the valve cable operated and can the stop be adjusted to not close the valve completely? It just sounds so poor when completely closed like that and probably hurts performance too.

Last edited:
On their web site its $449 right now. This morning I rode into work and initially the Cycle Shacks I have on there sounded fine but after a while they start to wear on me. Just a personal thing. I think I am giving up some performance too and with just a Stage 1 I could use all the umph I can get.
The ability to tone it down when I want to is appealing too.

Here is a partial list of 2 into 1 systems that would work on my bike and the current lowest prices I could find.
Thanks Bob

Supertrapp 2 into 1 $580
KERKER 2 INTO 1 SUPERMEGS $620
Thunderheader 2-into-1 $589
Samson Caliber 2-into-1 $465
Patriot Defender $449

I just did a conversion of 1300 GBP to USD and it came up with $1936 USD if I did it correctly. I must have done it wrong. If not my condolences - Bob

Bob; Since the evo was introduced, Cycle Shack slip ons have always scored high on the hp lists. Right up there with the premium $$ brands. I've heard many times that Cycle Shack was HD's supplier of Screamin Eagle slip ons. The Patriot price of $449 for complete stainless steel system including heat shields seems like a good price. I would like to have adjustable sound exhaust.
I have no idea what the wage rates are in the UK, but $1,936 is crazy high.

If these little towns keep getting their way, we all might have to go with this type of exhaust system. :bigsmiley15: I don't blip...

Thorns

Back