free website stats program Patiots Defenders exhaust? | Harley Davidson Forums

Patiots Defenders exhaust?

jpmtb

so I found these pipes and Love the idea of being able to go from quiet to loud from a quick flick of a switch, so my question is has anyone ever seen them or heared of them, can any one tell me how good they look and are they well biult. also do to they are using a cable to move this switch to close and open this baffel in the exhaust does that mechanical setup last and how long. K I been trying to get info but dont seem to be doing very well on this not much info on them out there so if anyine can help it would be great.

thank you and remember ride hard and be safe.

I saw somthing like them down in Dayton and at the time thought those are pretty cool, then started thinking about how would it affect my engine, closing off then opening the headers wide open like that. Do I have to have two curve settings for the EFI? Will open and closing the back pressure have a bad effect on my valves? Lot to consider when looking at something like that.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The idea is cool but it isn't be best route to go because you can't tune an engine to run properly in both modes. It will either run good with the valve closed or the valve open but remember too that if you tune the engine with the valve closed and then open it you'll be running much leaner.
Novel idea but it can only lead to expensive repairs.

I have seen that once the novelty wears off and the system is not used any more the mechanisms end up sticking and will not pivot any more.

Back