Patches

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by JKT1969, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JKT1969

JKT1969 Active Member

I have a few patches I want to have sewn in my riding jacket, but so far haven't found anyplace that will sew into leather. Any ideas on where to go to get this done??

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check your next local bike rally

3. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

Check with boot stores or shoe repair places. Most also do sewing with leather. I have mine done at a boot repair/leather store.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

didnt think of that one, u might also try alteration shops

5. JKT1969

JKT1969 Active Member

Cool. Thanks...so far we have talked to some places that do alterations, etc, but won't touch leather.

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I'll second the shoe repair shop idea. They'll do jackets, belts, zippers, etc.

Also, most any rally or show will have someone sewing on patches, whether you buy them from them or not.

7. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Thre is always someone at the swap meet that does that.

8. AcidRayn

AcidRayn Active Member

our local dealer has a sewer at the shop once a month. only takes donations, she wont put a price on any work. she does all of our clubs work

9. Gottatour

Gottatour Member

Do you have access to a sewing machine? Just put a heavy duty needle in and turn the wheel manually. I did all my own patches on my leather vest.

10. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

try embroidery shops, or a seamstress, if no luck there, go to a wedding dress place or formalware shop I'm sure they would know someone.