free website stats program Patch Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Patch Question

Bubba73

Account Removed
I have been looking for an answer to this question. Now i have my vest added a few patches guy i work is a club member and said Don't put anything on the back of your vest if you do you can get the (EDIT) kicked out of you. I am very proud of owning my HD and want to put either the emblem or just the words HD on the back of it. So if yo put anything on the back of your vest its open season o you. I am joining HOG here shortly how big is the patch they give you? I don't trust my co-worker the mc club has taken over his life, anything he says comes with join my club and you wont think about it. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some clubs have "rules" they would like to apply to everyone. In east central Florida, you do not have a to ask anyone if you can wear something on the back of a vest. HOG club stuff is no probem, neither is most other stuff.

But, in my area it is common courtesy to ask "permission" for the local club that runs the area when a new patch club starts up. When we started a local chapter of Rolling Thunder, we asked and the only thing they requested is that we do not display a bottom rocker that said Florida or the local county. That was not a problem because our state identifier is a boot patch worn on the lower front right side of the vest.

I've been to rallies where alot of MCs attend from different areas, I have never seen any issues. I've been on runs wearing a HOG chapter patch set or my Rolling Thunder patches with the Outlaws, Black Pistons, Warlocks, Hells Angels and have never had an issue.

Don't take my word as law. Same for your buddy's word.

When I was a member of a trike organization called Brothers of the Third Wheel, members were told NOT to put anything 'Territorial' on the back of their vests,it could be placed on the front. This information was also placed in the magazine as a reminder to new members

there is a major difference in patches on the back of your cut. pride patches and club scrolls. if you in a MC and your traveling solo smart thing is to swallow your pride and keep your cut in your saddle bag. if your just wearing pride patches you should be safe. but use common sense if see any 1% patches or multiple patches of the same club keep to your self. Ive traveled from Pensacola to seattle and as many rally's I can including the redneck rivera in PC Beach, Sturgis, daytona, and myrtle beach with out issue

I agree if your just putting some Harley stuff on your back then you won't have any problems. Now on the other hand
If you wear these without proper "authorization" then you will be in very serious trouble. Mongols Motorcycle Club Gang HA Patch Free key chains good for your Vest | eBay
WAP.gif

I belong to the American Legion Riders and I wear my vest with the ALR patches on the back everywhere I ride and I never had any problems. The ALR is not a MC it is a riders organization that is formed by members of the American Legion and the ALR is active nationwide with more then 50,000 members.

As long as you do not put anything on your jacket with a territory rocker or patch on it you should be fine. If you have a club or organization patch on then i would be leary about wearing it somewhere other than your local area.that are allowed to wear their club patches but no territory is claimed.

The only Clubs/Oranizations i now of that do not stir up any kind of trouble from state to state are H.O.G., SCRC and the AM Vets. then again no bottom state, county or area rocker.

A simple HD patch or any kind of Pride patch is fine

The site that Tank listed has some very useful info that you need to read.

Anyone new to riding needs to read it, it could save you a lot of hassle.

here,"HOG" patches and top rocker are ok.Problems start when you put "mc" and bottom rockers up.

Back