free website stats program passing lights | Harley Davidson Forums

passing lights

fattyboy

Hi,All I just got another bike 2010 road king police bike.does anybody no how to get the toggel switch to work the passing light or some people call them running lights,It has switches on the bars to turn on the red and blue lights up front,does anybody no how to get the front passing lights working.Thank You.

Hi,All I just got another bike 2010 road king police bike.does anybody no how to get the toggel switch to work the passing light or some people call them running lights,It has switches on the bars to turn on the red and blue lights up front,does anybody no how to get the front passing lights working.Thank You.

Check for a switch near the front forks Left side

yes their is a toggel switch on the left side it looks factory but it doesnt do anything when i switch it.

yes their is a toggel switch on the left side it looks factory but it doesnt do anything when i switch it.

That should be the switch, check it for power and check the fuses, Are the red and blue lights in place of the passing lights?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fattyboy has your bike been depoliced ? if so chances are the red slide switch on the right side underneath the kill switch the starter button and the turn signal, this red switch is a 3 position switch two on and one off is where they have the passing lights wired to, at least that is what was done on my retired police bike. Tim

Also, make sure the headlight's not on high-beam...

Don't know if RKP's are wired same as regular touring, but passing lights cut off in high.

passing lamps do cut out in high beam. the major problem with cop bikes is that most (not all) dealers hatchet the wiring. i had a nightmare when i switched mine over to civilian wiring. 1 manual instead of 2. much easier to trace. swapped out the handlebar controls and rewired with factory connectors. big job but worth it.

Same happened with my 2000 purchased at auction. Passing lamps were there but when I pulled them checking the wiring and connections found that the connection had been removed completely.

Back