free website stats program Passing Lights & Signals Wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing Lights & Signals Wiring

Shelby6t7

Is there is wiring diagram available that shows the correct installation and wiring of passing lights & relocation of turn signals on an '02 Fat Boy?

Thanks

Glider, thanks.....
I have the 2002 H-D Softail shop manual, and it does show the lighting layout for the Heritage, but I am looking for examples of what to do to relocate the turn signals. Does the harness need to be extended from the stock handle bar location or just re-routed and does the passing light harness plug directly into a Fat Boy harness or does it have to be sliced in?

Thanks again

Glider, thanks.....
I have the 2002 H-D Softail shop manual, and it does show the lighting layout for the Heritage, but I am looking for examples of what to do to relocate the turn signals. Does the harness need to be extended from the stock handle bar location or just re-routed and does the passing light harness plug directly into a Fat Boy harness or does it have to be sliced in?

Thanks again

It depends on where you are relocating the lights to as to weather the harness needs to be extended. The harness for the passing lights is on the touring bikes and handled through an extra switch. Cant tell you if the softail harness has a plug for passing lights but my guess would be no.
The passing lights on the touring models is in the same harness as the directional lights are.

The relocation of the signals would be mounted below the passing lights. Basically, I'm looking to do a set up just like a Heritage. Since a Heritage and a Fat Boy are the same platform bike, do you know if H-D used the same wiring harness for the lights on both, with just a different set up?

Thanks

Don't have an answer for that but the dealer should be able to reference the part numbers for both and tell you. It's probably an axillary harness that is added to the main harness.

Back