free website stats program passing lamps | Harley Davidson Forums

passing lamps

+1 on what Glider says. installed the Osram bulb a few weeks ago and the difference is ......well, night and day.
Sorry, I couldn't resist that one

I saw the post on the Osram bulb a few weeks ago and put one in both of our bikes. I had to aim my light a little higher after installing them,not sure why. And they are definatley much better than stock. They not only shine farther on low beam, they shine a lot wider also. And high beam really gives you a real long distance of bright light. You won't outdrive them too easily. I was so impressed with them on our bikes that I ordered another one for our daughters Super glide after she complained about the poor performance of her stock bulb. Both times I have ordered from German auto parts I got them in just one or two days. These great bulbs are just one of the many great tips I learned from you guy's here on the Forum. And they just cost about $13.00 with shipping. I just had a friend that paid $40 for some white light super bulb for his bike and it is not half as good as our Osrams. I think he is going to order one now. Thanks again.

Very common to readjust the height of the bulb using the Osram bulbs. It has to do with the reflector optics.

just wondering has anybody out there changed out their passing lamps for something brighter :bigsmiley22:?

I've got H-D's halogen inserts with replaceable H-3 bulb on my Ultra, picked up some 55w H-3s at Autozone. Also wired the passing lamps to the accessory circuit so they stay on with high beam. The other thing this does is gives you light if you blow a fuse as the headlight and passing lamps are now on different circuits.

In stop n go traffic with the passing lamps on you definitely see a drop on the volmeter at idle, plus they're a bit warm. I don't use 'em during the day or in city or stop and go traffic because they're really bright.

YMMV.... TL

I run a 90/130 headlight and 55W spotlights on my RK. I got the spots from Drag Specialties about 5 years ago. Makes a big difference.:s:D

I didn't go brighter on my RK but I went to yellow / fog lights. Wasn't as bright at night but you sure could see it coming during the day.

Back