Passing Lamp Visors

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Steve Di., May 16, 2009.

1. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

I bought and installed a set of passing lamp visors and a head lamp visor. The parts guy at my HD dealership told me I would have to buy a different mounting ring in order to install the visors on the passing lamps. He claimed guys have cracked the glass on the lamps when attempting to install the visors using the stock mounting rings. The only problem I saw was the original bolts were too short. I bought longer stainless steel bolts and was able to secure the ring and visor to the lamp.

Did any of you run into the same issue?

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I had looked at the different visors and I went with the ones that are one piece and you do away with the original ring,just liked the look better

[​IMG]

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Some of the half style visors do require a different ring to install them. I've run across that a few times. The one piece like Steve has replace the entire bezel on the light and look better too.

4. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

I agree. The one-piece visor and mounting ring do look better.

Although I was able to mount the stock ring with the visor attached, I ordered the modified mounting rings and will replace the stock rings. I would hate to return to the parts counter with my tail between my legs and a cracked bulb in my hand.:wall

5. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Steve,

What color blue and silver is that bike? I will be getting a 2010 sometime in the future and if they carry that color I think I really like it.

Dave

6. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

Trek,

My Heritage is two-tone Cherry Black and Black Pearl. It was a popular color in 2005.

Hopefully this picture will give you a better look at the color.

Attached Files:

7. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Thanks for the pic Steve but I was actually talking about Steve07 not that yours doesn't look nice or anything.

Thanks Smitty,

I've seen that thread and was wondering if it was the flame blue pearl/brilliant silver?

8. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

Well that explains it! I thought you had a touch of color blindness!:D

9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

The colors are cobalt/pewter pearl and I don't think they have been offered since 07

10. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

Well, I think your bike looks awesome dude. :good