free website stats program Passing lamp on all the time ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing lamp on all the time ?

ewiltgen

I have 08 electra glide, I found the wiring diagram to conect the lamp so they stay on with the high beam. My question is where is the best place to locate the yellow wire and the orange/red wire? And how do I get to them?

I have 08 electra glide, I found the wiring diagram to conect the lamp so they stay on with the high beam. My question is where is the best place to locate the yellow wire and the orange/red wire? And how do I get to them?

The yellow you will find in the plug on the back of the headlight bulb. The orange/red can be hooked to an accessory lead which you could use the plug under the seat in front of the battery. You'll need the corresponding plug from the dealer to hook up here. There is one key hot, one constant hot and two grounds in that plug. These should be the ones you want but double check with a test lamp.

Last edited:

Remove ignition switch knob (with key in ignition lock push up on button on left side under knob-turn key/knob CCW to release knob) remove nut and washer. Don't turn ignition until knob is back on! Remove two screws, one on each side of dash. Lift dash and separate wire plug and remove dash. The two wires you want are under dash. Cut yellow wire about two inches from plug. Solder and tape yellow wire to orange/red wire and replace dash. Takes about 30 minutes.

Back