free website stats program passenger problems | Harley Davidson Forums

passenger problems

slick75

Well I have been working many years to get my first harley and I finally have one. My question is in my owners manual it says if you want to haul a passenger you need to get beefier suspension, but i went ahead a got a 2 up seat and when I took my girl for a ride last night it swayed in the corners! Could this be due to the suspension? Should I get a heavier set of springs, or could something else be causing this? I'm on the iron 883 by the way.

Last edited:
Re: sportster iron

Start with checking your tire pressures,you can go a little higher in the rear to compensate

I just help a friend put new progressive 12" shocks on his Nightster and he says it's a way better ride.

I rode an 883 for 8K + Miles with my passenger. I installed a MUstang Touring seat, adjusted the shocks to max (Get a spanner wrench, and increased tire pressure).

We have many enjoyable rides.

Any movement the passenger makes will be felt by the rider as the bike responds to the adjustment of weight position
depending on the weight of the passenger a bike the size of a Sportster will fell a lot different with a passenger on

Brian

Back