passenger "PEGS"

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bucket1952, Dec 18, 2010.

1. bucket1952

bucket1952 Member

im sick of the passenger floor boards ..they get in my way when im backing up, which is a lot here in los angeles..lol..im thinkin sportster rear pegs that have 3/8s standard thread will juss bolt right on..am i right?
    :D

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that doesn't like the passenger boards. I think just screwing sportster pegs on would make them too close in for comfort.
    I bought a complete set of Street Glide passenger take offs on Ebay for less than $90. You can get just the brackets and put whatever style pegs you want on them. It made all the difference I needed on my bike. No more banging my legs backing up.
    CHROME REAR PASSENGER PEG BRACKETS HARLEY FLT TOURING

3. bucket1952

bucket1952 Member

these items are on my watch list, but i wasnt sure they would work, thanx, btw there is another thread on this subject...somewhere..lol

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

An alternative are the Küryakyn Mini-Wings...they work great and no "sacrifice" on passenger comfort...and cost about $100. I believe there are passenger "setback" brackets that allow adjustment also...I got them for my Sportster, as they were introduced in the 2010 HD P&A Catalog with the HD male mounts...might be one for your bike as well! :a

ISO®-Wing Mini Boards | Küryakyn

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010